What do you do?

So I'm working away this afternoon and Krystina comes up to me "sheepishly", "Mom...it's always good to tell the truth, right?".

Me: Well of course it is!
Her: I have something to tell you.
Me: Yes?
Her: We had our spelling test today.
Me: Uh huh?
Her: Well, you remember the piece of paper you wrote all the words on?
Me: Yes.
Her: I took it to school today and cheated.
Me: What do you mean "cheated"?
Her: I kept it in my desk and peaked during the test.
Me: Why?
Her: Because I never been the "star speller" yet...and I really wanted to be.

The conversation went on to have her crying and me explaining that it was not a good thing to cheat and that she should never do it again. Had her teacher had caught her...'blah, blah, blah'.

I couldn't get mad at her but I did have to explain the wrongness here.....she just wanted to be the "star speller" for Pete's sake! And she did tell me the truth. Should I get her to go tell the teacher? She still ended up with 6/10, so it really didn't help her. *sigh*....she's gonna be a handful!

I already warned her about "staying" in her own bed tonight!

btw....a few updates on my trip to Boston....

This.... is where we're staying...so I just found out today!!

And this....is my first recommendation to visit!

Comments

Popular Posts