It's all about fried food and the runs.

Today was a crazy day, as I expected it to be. It started off with 5 loads of laundry to be washed and a dryer that was, at best.."iffy"...thankfully I married a very capable "handy man"! I then went off to take the little missy to dance class but not before we stopped at the Polish deli to pick up some "smoked mackerel"...don't ask, it wasn't for us and is quite assuredly...disgusting! I then went to drop this dead fish, a Polish newspaper and some crackers off with my fil. Well......a week ago there was an outbreak of a GI bug in the "assisted living" section...it was like "Death Valley"...no one was around, the "general store" was closed, no one was dining in the dining room....everyone was quarantined to their room. Today....it was the "assisted living" area AND the "extended care"...so even the salon was closed for business...very strange. Needles to say....there was a lot of hand washing going on! My fil has it....I just wished he'd flushed the toilet before I got there...*shiver*. I promised him we'd bring him some home-made chicken soup tomorrow....and that's what I did today. Along with driving over a bridge that only an idiot would go over, since the other one is closed for a few weeks due to a fire that damaged the tresses that hold one end up! I moved 1/2 a block in 10 minutes....good thing I wasn't in a hurry or anything. And this evening....all the hard work and good eating only to find myself making and eating the yummiest chicken wings ever made in my brand new "deep fryer"...yeah I know....we figured we'd save the $50 that we spent at the pub and share a "pub night" with the kids....course they don't get the pints!....unless it's pints of juice!

This has turned into a very "run on" paragraph so I thought I'd start a new one here....

Teddy had a soccer game tonight. It's -2 and freakishly cold (as there's a slight dampness in the air). Tony dropped him off at 6:30 for the warm-up...I had no intention of watching the whole thing as I knew I'd be breaking off in icicles in no time. We gathered the family and managed to withstand the last 30 minutes of the game....they lost...he froze....but it was good to get out. I think he's just about thawed out now....at least enough to move his fingers on the computer keyboard. Speaking of computers....the new modem, that I spent hours in traffic for...is working amazingly!!

And now...the girl is asking for "ice cream"...she's insane....I just sneeze 5 times in a row and well....it's time to veg!

Comments

Popular Posts