I'm a good mother.

I'm not a good sleeper at the best of times, and as I've mentioned my sleep has been hacked up for the last few weeks....I've been trying to get to bed earlier but that just might be my problem...maybe anything more than 5 1/2 hours is just too much?!?!

My bedroom door was opened at 4:30 this morning....5 hours after going to bed. The "princess" had had a bad dream and wanted to come to bed with us. I sat up, put on my specs and marched her back to her bed...rubbing her back and telling her everything was fine and "just go back to sleep". She whimpered but complied.

I....lay in bed for the next 10 minutes with the following thoughts:

I should be move loving
She's only this young for so long
She won't be asking to climb into our bed for much longer
I hope I don't make her feel neglected
*sigh*...she's probably in her bed whimpering right now

So I did what any loving mother would do....I got up, put those specs back on my nose and went to her room. She says to me, "what are you doing?" I asked her if she still needed to be cuddled......she said, "yes".

I....spent the next 2 hours sandwiched between a little body that was overheating on me and another "bigger" body that bellowed out trombone sounds.....I should've just gotten up and talked to you guys!

Once the hubs left and I had a mere 15 more minutes in bed....I got to stretch out, while "Little Miss Muffet" happily slept away....it was memorable.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You are a BEAUTIFUL mother. You are the mother the poets write about when they say mothers are the beginning of everything good in this world.

I love the way you mother your babies. Thanks for letting me live vicariously through you!! *hugs*
Deanna said…
Oh L... don't you know... the one that is LITTLE goes in the MIDDLE. It's the law of the beddy. I am a professional at this... as the little fussy spent many many many nights in our bed, making up for what her brother never did.... and YES... I made the mistake once of being the one in the middle.... which equates to torcher after a while... can't breathe, can't move, overheat, can't see a clock to know how much longer the misery can go on for.....

Popular Posts