It's a good thing I don't have a full time job....

.....well, as in a job that I have to go out to "every" day!

Yesterday, I didn't get home from the downtown core (which I can't stand going into) until 6:00 p.m. Then of course there was the dilemma regarding what to make for dinner. I could've stopped on the way to buy something but why I don't like poisoning my kids too often...plus I had prepared for myself (the night before) a yummy soup. Anyways....so we didn't sit down to eat until 7:10, then there were dishes, lunches to make, a dog that needed a walk and a bath to be given to a dirty little girl. I didn't even get a chance to watch "Idol"!

I catch Al doing his homework at 7:30 and he was still doing it at 8:30, and still at 9:00. In fact that boy finally went to bed at 11:45...only to be woken at 7:00 a.m. to "keep working on his homework"...which he didn't finish!

At 7:30 this morning I have my girl coming out of her room with her math homework!!!! She says to me...."Mom, you were supposed to wake me up so I could finish my homework!" Thankfully she's done and is now joyfully relaxing on the couch before I get her breakfast together.

Seriously though....what happened to doing homework after school?!?!?!?

Comments

Deanna said…
Oh L..... what is with you....

Are you new to this or what...

Don't you know that there isn't any time to do homework afterschool as there are television shows to watch, and games to play, and friends to talk to, and much much facebooking to accomplish... all in an effort to get to bed at the totally decent time of 10:30 at night... (on a good night?).

Have you been stuck in traffic that long....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK... I SO SO SO SO hear you in the homework department. Nothing makes my hair turn grey even faster than the repulsive excuse that they didn't have time.... now that THEY do not have TKD, or dance lessons, or swimming, or art classes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We could just forget it all, and know that they will succeed even though they fail, as they are not allowed to fail in the public school system, and yes, there might be a phone call home once in a while in the form of a complaint... but you know... who cares... because you and I will be out shooting off our big assed cameras taking pictures of "things", only to scrapbook them in another 7 years... but hey... all of that will save our heads now when we can't and already don't have a lot of input into how our children invest their time. They will achieve.... someway somehow.... we just need to think about preservation!

OH... and I went to sign in at the bottom.. and the jumbled letters were in the form of "scru - u" today.

How interesting is that!

Popular Posts