Blending a dangerous mixture.

You know how it is bringing up teens, don't you? Well actually...most of you don't...and those of you who do....bless you. I've been at my wits end with Teddy as of late...he's lazy, disrespectful, inconsiderate, rude and just a royal pain in the ass. I mentioned this to my husband today (not that he didn't already know)....that I realize he's a teen and he's wayyyy better than most but...I was about ready to strangle him...seriously, kick him in the ass. And then Tony says to me.....he's better than most, he'd rather have him home and a pain then on the streets, doing drugs...and the kicker.....that we have to remember he's a "blend of the two of us". I just about chucked my cookies.....you rarely remember that about your kids, but they are....they are a beautiful blend of the love two people shared. So why do I want to strangle him still?

Comments

You want to strangle him because he's a teenager. I know, I'm so helpful!

Honestly, I think the teen years are hard because you remember who he was when he WASN'T a teen... and you don't yet know the man he will be. So here's this rude, unappealing stranger where your little cuddlebug used to be and it will be some time before he's developed into the person who you can relate to again.

I look back on when I was teen and shudder. Sometimes I call my parents and apologize!! They always say it was worth it to get to know the woman I am today. I'm so lucky to have them and Teddy doesn't know it, but he's lucky to have to have you and the Hubs!! He'll figure it out someday!

Popular Posts