Another dumping.

Yeah I know, I know.....but seriously...we've had enough of it. It started snowing (again) 24 hours ago and has only let up for maybe...maybe 10 minutes today....and it's still coming down. Sure it's pretty and makes for a peaceful night but this is the most snow we've had since....well apparently it's a record and it makes for getting around a little more difficult. I'm not complaining because I really don't have too many places to go right now but still....the gears are all shifting into "go" position again and the kids are back at school on Monday. They do say though, that the rains are coming....which is going to make all this pretty white stuff....really slushy, yucky, wet stuff! I just hope the city can find the drains as well as they take care of the plowing.

My stomach seems to have settled down...still not sure what that was all about but I wasn't about to take any chances and so the meatballs got tossed out. Now I've got a headache though.

Did I tell you the story about the old guy at the seniors home?

I think I might have mentioned the gentleman that threw a whistle at me as I walked by him playing pool? I've seen him around before and always thought he had a look of "anger" on his face. So anyways....I'm helping my fil to the luncheon table and someone says to me, "Why do you take care of him like that?" I turn around and say, "Pardon me?" "Why do you take such good care of Walter?" I respond with, "Well....his son takes care of me, I help out taking care of my father-in-law." "What? You're not his daughter?" "Um no..." Anyways conversation goes on and on and I actually start to really enjoy this guys' company. Turns out he's 90!!!! And his wife is in the "alzeihmer's" section of the same facility....a very sad story.

I actually quite enjoy heading over to the seniors home and have met a few people that I would love to just sit down and hear their stories. Hmmm....something else to add to my "list of things to do"....the thing is...at least this brings satisfaction and joy.

Comments

I'M COMPLAINING! :-D I am so done with the snow. The city we live in does not pave anything but the biggest of the main roads, and we can't even get our car home most nights. Blechh. LOL

You're so very cool. I love how you take care of your husband's "old guy", and I bet it means the world to both of them. I know it wears on you, but you do have the patience of a saint. Remember, actions speak louder than rants! ;-)
That's one thing that PoCo is very good for! They start plowing from the moment the flakes start to fall and they even do "side streets"!!! I just had to make sure that I had moved "Grandpa's" car onto the driveway (when all of this started), otherwise we'd have to dig his car out!

And yeah....gotta love the "old guy" no matter what he demands!

Popular Posts