Worth gold

I spoke to the hospital where I'll be receiving my chemo treatments today....seems as though everything is booked and we're ready to go...and as the nurse said (without my saying anything first)...."it's good to know Dr. K!" I replied with..."oh yes it is"! But I have to admit...I'm feeling almost a little guilty for it as well....I mean I'm definitely getting preferential treatment...but I'll take it...I need something good in my life too!

So as I mentioned my sentinel node mapping is on December 1st, my surgery is on December 2nd and my chemo will start on December 14th....kinda ucky for Christmas but hey....it'll be a quieter Christmas with hopefully lots of snow and firelogs! Which reminds me...I gotta dig out my knit caps. The chemo drug of my doctors' choice is Ab*ra#xin Car*bo Her#cep*tor....works incredibly well and is incredibly expensive.....we're looking at getting near to the $100,000 mark when all is said and done....most of this should be covered but we will be forking out some cash....apparently it's the best drug out there. Side effects will still be there but not as severe as with some other chemo treatments....unfortunately I could lose all my hair in as quickly as 2 weeks after the first treatment. Speaking of which....my next big thing is to tell the two youngest...I think my girl is going to freak....I'm just hoping that she won't look at me as though I'm a leper or something. This is all too much of a dream still.....

I also got a call from the hospital where I had the biopsy done....kind of the obligatory "how are you doing now that you know you have cancer growing in your body?" Actually the woman was very nice and just wanted to pass on some "help centre" information should I need it. She asked if I had someone to talk to?.....has she not heard about the "blogosphere"? ;o) ....and whether the family was taking it all okay. I choked a little but she said that I sounded "strong"....she has no fricken idea?!?!

Actually I have moments of panic but really....I am doing okay....I have to....somebody has to keep their wits about them....who the heck is going to decorate the house?

Comments

Deanna said…
I so love you.

You are right.. who is going to decorate the house... except you!

Popular Posts