The day is done

Today we laid my father-in-law to rest. It was pouring the entire morning and lo and behold...I kidd you not....it stopped just in time and for the time of the graveside service....which ended up being very nice. Hopefully the feisty one is finally at peace and at rest....that's all he ever wanted. We had a very, very small gathering.....of just us, my dad, my sil (and family) and well...my very lost bil (and his daughter). I did nothing but order a tray of sandwiches and veggies and fruit. I'm exhausted.

This morning we (Tony and I) headed to N Van for an early ultrasound of all of my organs (I'm assuming this is in preparation of the chemo treatments...to make sure I'm not missing a kidney or an ovary hasn't ended up where my liver should be. The technician said everything "looked good"....I told her it was nice to get some "good news" for a change.

Tomorrow I meet with the surgeon.

It's funny to think that if it wasn't for Dr. K, I'd just be waiting for my appointment with the surgeon and nothing else would have been done....even the ultrasound techi was surprised that I was already at this point......I've said it before and I'll say it again....."it's not WHAT you know...but WHO you know". I haven't been feeling that great these last couple of days and have been keeping Tony up with a persistent cough that's even even giving me "bags" under my eyes. And to boot....my dear "monthly friend" came to call yesterday.....well at least I (hopefully) won't have to deal with her during my surgery. I'm already preparing myself (as is my family...less the two youngest) for a quieter Christmas.....my sil has brought a couple of frozen lasagnas......her mil has brought me a tonne of baking for the holidays.....I'm still preparing myself for my eventual hair loss....I think that's when I might "break"....a little.

Also.....you'd all be so proud of me....I turned down a potential new client...can't take anymore and am ready to enjoy the box of fire logs that Tony has bought. Still.....so much to do.

On another topic....I took Teddy to get his Grad photos done.....um...hello....this kid is "hot" (in a not so motherly way) in a shirt and tie.....course he couldn't stand the tie....and then when he put on the cap and gown......haven't I had enough to cry about lately?!?!?!? So I asked him again...."you are graduating...right?". It's what I'm living for right now....that and the trip to Tofino that Tony has promised me....via a Cessna plane...I know!?!??!??! But hey....seriously....anyone who goes through Chemo can get through anything.....and life is so good....I need to finally really enjoy it.

I've had a bunch of pre op/treatment appointments already but...tomorrow will be another huge step as to what we can expect over the next little while..... I've decided though that I'm prepared to lose a breast and possibly two....I just want the cancer to be out of my body.....take a lymph node or two, or 6 while you're at it....I'm tired of "walking around with cancer cells growing in my body".....my boobs have done their job....now they're just there for looks and well...who cares.

Okay well...with that...my laptop is still infested with viruses...which is why the lack of posts...sort of....

If I could ask of one thing from you guys....just send good vibes that Tony and I have a good night's sleep tonight....I've/We've had it rough because of this never ending cough....

Comments

Deanna said…
Always on my mind .. ALL OF YOU.

Popular Posts