And here the poisons begin....

....I came home today to a message from my oncologist/family friend/doctor....."Dr. K. would like to start you on a new drug...do you have extended health benefits?" As though we would say "no"...we do...to a degree.....but thankfully with the house paid off we can dig into the line of credit to get this sorry ass back into health. I just can't imagine how I would feel if we weren't blessed enough to be able to handle the upcoming bills....I feel guilt in knowing that there are others out there that aren't as fortunate! I'm fully aware that the the next year could bring prescription meds up in the area of around $60,000 - $70,000....just to get me healthy again.....not to mention the trip to Tofino at the end of it all....that can add another $3,000. Funny though....I said to Grandpa..."so do you think Dr. K. is planning my treatment in his sleep?" I cannot tell you how grateful I am that I am in the care of such a wonderful doctor(s)...I go through my moments of distress and worry....sometimes I even still think I'm going to hurl....but in the end....it's because I'm only concerned for my family....I know whether it's now, a year from now or 50 years from now....I'll be in a better place....my worry for now is...."what the heck are these people going to eat?"

Comments

Popular Posts