Guess I'm going to have to tell 'em?

I've purposefully held back on telling my two youngest...not sure really why? I think Al would be okay with it...considering I had told him a month ago that "mom had a lump"....he seemed pretty cool with it. I think it's the girl that has me the most worried....and yet....I don't even think she knows what "cancer" really is...but I could be wrong. And it's not like I'm hesitating coming out and telling that because I...think "this is it"....Hell no!...this chick is a far car from "giving in"!...and my prognosis is good....so we'll hang onto that. I just think that it'll freak her out when mommy's walking around with one boob that's pretty much...non-existent and hair that's been flushed down the toilet. On that note...hmmm...I wonder what my head really looks like under this hair that I've worked at for 6 years to get to this point....but hey...hair grows back. I wonder though....do you lose "all" your hair? Ewww....tmi

I'm going to enjoy this weekend, I think....it'll be relaxing and I'm taking the hubs to the "Habenjero sp? Grill"!...that is of course....after soccer and dance....oh....and I'm really looking forward to sharing some time (and drinks) with my ole buddy.....muchly missed.

Comments

Jen said…
As far as the losing of the hair? Every one is different. My brother in law has not lost a single hair and hes on his third round of chemo and radiation.

My daddy lost it all. I shaved his head for him. He said the hardest was losing his eyelashes and eyebrows.

It just hits every one differently.
I am so glad that you have a good prognosis. :o)
Deanna said…
My friend went through this 5 years ago.... I think she was around 32 ish. I know you have lots of people in your life ... but maybe you want to know things that she might be able to answer.. 5 years later. Let me know.

I wonder if just telling the younger ones that you are just not well, and the medicine that will make you better might make you feel unwell in the meantime. Less is more sometimes ... I know what you mean about the youngest, I think I would be saying the same thing to my youngest at this point for her as well..... despite her age. ( You know.. the kids never asked, and I never told .. what surgery I had last year... even at their age ..... )
Maybe it's a time will tell sort of thing... kind of like when we had our kids... we didn't know which was the best way to go about delivering them, until we were in the moment.

Popular Posts