I didn't want the kids to know....

....hmph...who am I kidding?! Obviously they're going to find out something is wrong.....

Tony told Teddy tonight....I wasn't prepared for that....although I knew as soon as Teddy came home from work and gave me a kiss on the cheek.....that's just not like him.

At this point I think Tony is taking it harder than I am....I just want the moments of wanting to hurl to stop.

I spoke to a family friend of ours (about my age as well) who was diagnosed with the exact same cancer earlier this year. She's just completed 5 of 6 chemo treatments and decided to have a mastectomy (prior to the chemo)....funny thing is....our lump(s) are/were in the same spot...just different boobs. The problem for her was the cancer was being very aggressive and was going into her lymph nodes so they had to remove 6 nodes....which she says was far more painful than having her breast removed. She lost her hair after 2 treatments and will be having radiation as well.

It's amazing to think that statistics show that 1 in 9 women will get this type of cancer and if you're going to get cancer...this is the one you want...apparently. This just makes me think that they're an awful lot of women here going through the same thing I am......

Personally.....I just want it out...I want the "monster cells" to be ripped out and thrown in the fire....and I hope it's really, really soon.

Comments

Deanna said…
I told Graham. He knows you. I woke him up to tell him. WHY? Because he was a complete little asshole. (lastnight).. and I just said to him that I refused to be angry and mad at him for his idiotic and self centered behaviour because it was a waste of time, energy and emotions. I had far bigger things going on in my brain, such unfathomable sorts of ideas, and him being a ruthless little shit was not part of plan that I was going to tend to.

Just as you will find your strength to show whos boss, Tony will find his way too.

Popular Posts