Random as well

I visited with my fil today and while he was grumpy...he was tolerable. I fixed him some oatmeal and a cup of coffee, stole a jav and a scone myself. We chatted about the war and my mil...it was all good. He turns 87 on the 20th of April....I can only hope that I live that long.

Krystina wants to join soccer....so I guess I'm back out in the rain.

Teddy's failing French. He can't stand the course and calls it "gay"...while I can totally agree with him (I failed French 8...the only class I ever failed....the only class I ever did bad in) I have to stay positive. *sigh*...guess I'll be talking to his teacher tomorrow.

Aleks snickered tonight when Krystina used the word "pussy" while reading. Good grief....I have enough stress!!!

I worked out today....I'm shooting for 6 days in a row this week.

I'm soooo tired of salad.

I decorated the house "Eastery" like.

I also pulled down my rolling suitcase from the attic.

I was thinking today that in order for me to get $1,000.00 US....I'll need to spend $1,200.00 Cdn....grrrr!

I'm so totally looking forward to the trip and yet....I'm so totally looking forward to coming home...already.

I've lost 3 lbs.

The problem with not having any wine is that I'm wide awake when I should be in bed. And if I were to go to bed right now....I'd lay there awake "thinking". But if I don't go to bed now....I'll be bagged in the morning. I just can't win.

I took Krystina to the clinic today...she's got a sore in the corner of her mouth that won't heal....corticosteroids....the magic cream. Not sure if I'll fill the prescription or if I'll keep putting Vaseline on it...I hate anything with drugs. She's too young for that stuff! We waited for an hour just to get a 60 minute shot with the Dr.. Damn I love that little critter!

My sister ran 24 miles yesterday. 24 miles!!!!! I told her she was "insane"!!! I told her that I spent an hour at the gym on Saturday doing a "leg" workout and could barely function the following day. 24 miles?!?!?!? It takes me an hour to drive that distance in "good" traffic!! But *whew*...she gets to "back off" a little now in the last stretch before the run. And then she tells me that she just hopes she can do it in under 4 hours! (she did the Vancouver Marathon in 3:34) Ummm....I'm going to kick her ass...we're not traveling all that way for "mediocrcy"! KIDDING!

I made homemade meatballs...they were a hit. We'll leave it at that.

Comments

Deanna said…
this feels like me writing... a whole bunch about our usualness.

thank you for making me feel real.

I am sipping a starbucks right now.

I have coffee in my cupboard, and cream in my fridge. There is no excuse. I ended up driving the chicklets as it BURST with rain as they were about to be shipped out the door. Now it is blue over my house.

I am off walking in a few minutes.
HA ... and I walk for the hour.... in just 2 1/2 more hours your sister could have run a marathon!

I better skip to it, and fix the do up a bit better than the shambles it is in!
Fen said…
I like these random posts, it gives a sense of just how overwhelming our lives are. Sometimes in a good way and sometimes in a not so good way.

Good luck to your sister for the marathon. I used to run cross country in high school but quickly became a cyclist because I like speed so much more!

Popular Posts