The quiet

I'm enjoying some peace and quiet. Aleks and Krystina are asleep, Tony's asleep (don't tell anyone but he's not had any alcohol for a 3 1/2 weeks and well...he kinda slipped last night....so he's got a big of a noggin quaker), Teddy's watching "Saving Private Ryan" (what a depressing movie), the dog's snoring in her bed and me???...I'm just enjoying the quiet. Actually I'm preparing myself for three weeks of hell!

Before I head off to Boston I have to get a huge load of work done, plus my Uncle is coming from Slovakia 6 days after I get back, sooooo.....I have to (yes I do!) clean my house...really, clean it!...before I leave, before he gets here. It's my niece's birthday on the 25th, so I need to remember a gift. Very good family friends' birthdays are on the 17th and 20th...need to remember cards. I have 60 bottles of wine that need to be bottled on the 5th. I need to cook up soup, goulash, chili and spaghetti sauce before I leave....or they'll starve! Can't forget to get travel insurance or a couple more memory cards for my camera! I also need to refill my bp meds, which really means a trip to the doctor, which means I should also get my physical done. The list is endless....

I had a "sit down" with the girl last night, she started crying when we talked about me going away. She's a little sensitive one....thankfully, I haven't told her how long I'd be away...I think in her mind it's only a day or two. The boys will have their hands full!....although I did promise to bring her back a "Webkinz" and I'm hoping that I'll find something that we can relate to Boston and the east coast, ie. a lobster or crab or something?!

I should really try and get my hair done before I leave as well...or maybe I should treat myself in Boston?

I've never been away from my family for more than 2 nights....it's going to be tough on me too.

Comments

Fen said…
I think the break will do you a world of good. Not that you don't love your family, I know you do, but sometimes its just a good thing to get away and be for yourself for a little while. Yes, I know you'll be in Boston for your sister and all but she can't be anywhere near as needy as your crew.

Boston is a fun town, I hope you get out and enjoy it.
Erik....I'm actually really looking forward to the whole experience. Yeah...I'm going to miss the clan and I'll probably shed a tear or two and even call daily but....you're right....the break "will do me good".

I'm looking forward to the photography, the food, renting a car, Cape Cod, seeing the Red Sox (not that I'm a baseball fan...sorry)...and at the same time....maybe "they'll" be reminded of all I do for them?! ;o)

Popular Posts