I get down on myself but....

....I have it soooo damn good.

I'm not 32 and suffering from a massive stroke. I'm not 28 and having to live with a preemie born at 22 weeks and only 1 1/2 pounds. I'm not 35 suffering with m.s. Life is pretty damn good for me. Yeah my knees hurt and I'm usually "tired" but....my kids are all good, despite the empty beer cans and the "grunting" and even the facial hair growth...my kids are all good. Despite the fact that my father saw my mother today...for the first time in 2 1/2 years (from afar)...which brought me down again. But I'm GOOD, I'm HEALTHY, I'm HAPPY, I'm HERE, I'm LOVED.....that's all I need.

Comments

Fen said…
Whenever I think about how hard my life is, I think about some of the kids I work with, I think about some of the other parts of my extended family, I think about how much worse my life really could be.

Sure, it isn't easy right now and alot needs to change for us to be in a good place again but things could be so, so much worse.

Keep finding that silver lining!
Oh trust me....I know I'm just whining....there's no way that my life is really "that bad"...in fact...it's "that good"....and I have to right to bitch. I just need to "vent". ;o)

Popular Posts