The kids are home.

My hair turned out "glorious" as one mom put it, "lovely" as one dad put it and "very, very nice" said yet another mom. The stylist was very nice and very gentle, unlike my last "long time" stylist who would yank, and splat paint and smack foils to my head. But....I won't be going back.

I just can't justify spending $30 more than I did at the old place (and the only reason I'm not going to my old stylist is because she's accepted a managerial job elsewhere...and will no longer have a "clientele")....I mean seriously, $160 for a cut and foil? Maybe if I actually had hair! My hair is fine and there's not much of it, unlike some people who need a Tie Wrap to put their hair in a ponytail. And to have to spend that much every two months....nope, can't do it. Personally I'd be perfectly happy buying the little kits from the store and doing my hair myself but....once again, the products are so harsh that they just end up damaging my hair. I thought seeing a "stylist" who did "side work" in her basement would work....but good "LK" ending up frying my hair too!

Anyways....I have to do some research in this area.

Oh yeah...the kids are home today. It's a Pro D Day here in this school district....or just another day for the teacher to sit around the table and drink coffee, eat doughnuts and gossip about the kids and their parents. The two younger ones just got up, but the eldest still snoreth in his room. I think Grandpa will be taking Al out to one of his favorite delicatessen's, the eldest will of course be fully immersed in his "World of War Craft" and the littlest one will enjoy spending the day telling me how "bored" she is. I will be joining the hubs for a nice dinner at Cactus Club this evening because....it's Valentine's Day tomorrow and it's just stupid to go out then. Every day should be "Valentine's Day" and there shouldn't be a need to gauge people just because some love struck cupid decided to pick one day to be the day to "let your sweetie know you love them"....or however the story goes.

So there you go....coffee's done, kids are up, time to get going.

Comments

Popular Posts