I took my Valentine out

I got a bunch of payments from clients today and so I was more than determined to be the one to "buy dinner" tonight.

I called up the hubs and told him to meet me at the Cactus Club tonight at 5:30. I prepped myself up, made my hair look nice, put on some make-up, some jewelery and some decent clothes...even lipstick/gloss!...and arrived on time. When Tony parked the car I put my arm through his and told him..."this is my treat"! He said..."no...no". I said..."yes...yes". And there was the start of a fine evening.

He had a Rickards Red....I had a "Cohiba"
He had wings, "extra hot", extra well done....I had the "packet of three" or something....it was rice, a sweet wrapper, smoked salmon, wasabi, fishy eggs and sprouts.
We shared a bottle of J. Lohr 2006 Cabernet Sauvignon.
He had the "pan seared" salmon...I had the "cedar plank" salmon.
We're both stuffed!

He chased me home....he ended up ahead of me.
He parked his truck....I parked the van.
He pulled out.....a bouquet of roses....I said..."why?"

And then I kissed him.

Happy Valentine's day everyone!

Comments

Fen said…
Sounds like a fantastic time for you both! Our Valentine's will be decidedly less romantic but, hopefully, more productive. We're prepping the back room at the salon for new paint and more renting! Wheee!
Erik....as long as you're "together"...that's all that matters! We decided not to do anything today, except spend time with the kids. It bugs me how everything gets so overblown, overpriced just because it's the "official" Valentine's Day.

Popular Posts