Something to say and a couple of photos

The weekend went by like a blur...but then most of my days go by that way.

Krystina started coming down with a cough on Friday. She seemed to hold her own but yesterday when I came home from clients (after school), she had a temperature of 102.7. This threw her into a freakazoid! She was desperate not to be "sick", she had to go to school the next day because her best friend was finally back from a little vacation. I gave her a couple of Tylenol Cold's and she seemed to perk up, temperature dropped and stayed down. She went happily to school and is now reunited with her BF.

Teddy had a soccer game on Sunday. Almost 99.9% of his games are held only a few kilometers from our home....yay! He's not on a "gold", "silver" or even a "bronze" team....more like a home/beer leagues (but there's no beer involved). Anyways....the kids are all really good sports on the team (they're also a year older than Teddy) and despite the fact that they've lost all (but one) game this season....they still put on a smile and enjoy kicking the ball around.

So back to the game....this one was about an hour away. In distance I think it was about 35 - 40 kilometers....I was sooo looking forward to spending an hour to drive there, an hour to watch the team "warm-up", an hour and a half to watch them lose and then another hour to get home. Tony told me to take my camera....I said "why?"...the sky was overcast and I wasn't familiar with the area or what was around....but I decided to haul it all with me.

I dropped Teddy off at the field and told him I was just going to grab a Starbucks and then come back. I must've taken a wrong turn because I found myself heading back the way we came....back down the road where my subconscious had seen a park sign....funny how that worked. I had an hour to kill before I knew I HAD to be back to watch the game....I have always been there for the kids and despite the guarantee (I know....I'm so pessimistic) that they were going to lose...horribly....I always stand on the side-lines and cheer! Before my return though.....I had the pleasure of meeting up with these two......





So really it was worthwhile to bring my camera, the coffee was most enjoyable, I did find my way back to the field and.....they did lose....horribly.

Comments

Fen said…
There's a line in a Grateful Dead song that goes "Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right." I'm glad you took Tony's advice and brought your camera with you!
Love "that line"....and yeah, I might just listen to him a little more often?! Well...on certain things. ;o)

Popular Posts