Update

So it turns out that it was actually a woman's body that they found in the pick-up very near to our house. The investigation is still going on, how do I know this?...because I can see the flashing lights of the police vehicles (from my living room window) that have been there since 6:30 last night!!

In the last 24 hours we've had 3 shootings in the Lower Mainland. I'm not sure about the first one but only a few hours before the one here...a 21 year old man (kid) was gunned down in a shopping mall parking lot (a hop skip and jump away from here as well). They're saying that it's more likely these people had connections with the drug trade as opposed to any real "gang" involvement.

In any case...2 people are dead and I've had the police out side my door for the last 14 hours....hmmmm, perhaps I should feel safer while they're there?!?

Comments

Fen said…
More than a little unsettling, to be sure. Things have quieted down in my neighborhood since last summer's seemingly never-ending news of stabbings. There are still stabbings but its at a much less hectic pace. Still, I'll be quite happy to eventually put this town in my history rather than my present.

Popular Posts