Ten Honest Things About Me....a new meme.

I was supposed to do this a couple of days ago, but....time has a habit of passing me by. In fact, on any given day...I'm not really sure what day it really is. Anyways...I was tagged by Wendy at WeSnLaNi and well....here I am! Some these things you might already know, some are of "sensitive material" and you may have not/might not agree with the road I took and some...might come as a surprise.

1. I am not a morning person! Having kids though I've had to make adjustments and put on my "smiley face" at any moment that I've been beckoned. Generally though...I've always been known to be very, very quiet for the first hour of my daily re-birth.

2. I am a complete and utter lover of horses! I would ride them with saddle, bare-back, backwards, upside down...I love horses! If I could own my own....it would certainly be a solid "black stallion" or a beautiful chocolate brown "boy". I would give anything to ride a horse along the ocean-side. I'd give even more to live on an acreage where I could actually own one.

3. I love, love, love....motorcycles!...especially "Harley's"! I was about 17 the first time I rode on the back of a bike. My boyfriends' best friend (who was a complete nut case...as far as driving goes) took me for a ride on his...I believe...Yamaha....did the whole "poppa wheelie" and everything...ended up with bronchitis. The next time was on my cousins' piss pot in Slovakia, eventually I got a ride on a Suzuki Hayabusa and then finally my last ride was on the back of a Harley.....*sigh*...most enjoyable!

4. I have anxiety issues. No really....my hands shake, sometimes I can feel my body shake....I often wonder if I'm getting Parkinsons disease. My nerves had been severely damaged due to "family issues". I haven't had a solid nights' sleep since...well, I can't even remember the last time....well before Krystina's birth.

5. Just after I turned 16, I cam down with Mono. I spent my entire summer in bed in agony and pain. I lost a tonne of weight (even though I was already only 105 lbs) and came out of the ordeal with a "mvp" (mitral valve proplapse)...basically a heart with a murmur which skips a beat every once in a while.

6. When Teddy was 18 months old I found out I was pregnant again....3 weeks before his second birthday I lost a little boy...he was 4 months along and we named him "Andrzej" (or...Andrew/Andy).

7. I live each and every day with guilt. I try to "let it go" but...I am a "daughter" and girls are more sensitive....I have struggled on a daily basis with the "final decision" I made to "cut ties" with my mother 2 1/2 years ago. Don't judge me, you have no idea what I've gone through. She is not in a good place and I would be in a far worse place had things continued the way they were. I am fully ready and prepared for the awful outcome of this whole sad story.

8. I let myself go....I worked so hard to get where I was 4 years ago. I worked out 3 times a week with a personal trainer (3 times on my own) and was totally thrilled with how my body reacted. Unfortunately what I got from everyone else was..."oh my gosh, what are you doing? You're so thin?"... No....I wasn't "thin" (well okay I was but.....)...I was in damn good shape. Now....an ACL and butt tumor surgery later....I'm wanting that back....course now I'm older and everything hurts just a little more! But hey...I'm working at it....even if I get half way there (which I'm pretty darn close)...I'll be happy. I think my heart will thank me too!?!?

9. I am terrified (traumatically terrified) of flying. Yet, I some how got convinced into going to Boston with my sister...who's running the marathon in April. The thing that's pulling me forward is the amazing experience it's going to be and the photo ops to be had!!! Cape Cod here I come!!! But seriously...we take a little 40 seater from Vancouver to Seattle (aren't those called "prop planes"?...and what exactly does that mean?...they're "propped up" by a stick or something?) and then it's an almost 6 hour flight to Boston. The worst thing is that we're leaving at 3 a.m....do they serve booze at that hour? But I am sooooo looking forward to the getaway!

10. I am a driver. I love, love, love to drive....especially the freeway...especially at high speeds. No, I'm not irresponsible and always take care of the fact that I might have kids in the car and if not....that I have kids to return home to but....I love to drive...and damn it...I'm a good driver. Once again...please refrain from bringing up the time that I shmucked the truck in the driveway....let it go folks! I was in a rush! But seriously...I remember getting my license at 17 and just taking my dad's '76 Monte Carlo for cruises throughout the lower mainland....just me and my smokes (bad huh?). But this where I learned "technics" and where I gained my "love of the road". I have always dreamed of getting behind a race car on a track....who knows....maybe when I "retire"?!?!

So there you have it! Did I surprise you? Probably not....I'm so predictable

Comments

Deanna said…
You are a brave, brilliant, beautiful babe. Save the people that you can, and nurture the ones that you have grown, let go of those that have the ability to drag you down, forgive the extra stresses, workout to your hearts content, and find some drugs that will ease the trip in April!!

You really are a wonderwoman... !
Fen said…
I learned some new things about you. I didn't know about the horses for one. But I knew you liked motorcycles! And I didn't know you lost a baby along the way, I can't imagine the heartache. My brother and his wife had several miscarriages before they had their little girl. Very, very sad stuff.

Popular Posts