Aren't you lucky?!

Two posts in one day...I know!!..shock of all shocks.

Actually I'm eating my cottage cheese and grapes. Tony says I'm going get salmonella from eating grapes. I wash them thoroughly, but he says I need to use soap on them to make sure they're squeaky clean. Um sure Hon...anything you say...


So I was at the dentist last week getting a routine cleaning. The hygenist did her thing and then the dentist came in to take a $150 look. Everything "looked good" and then he asked me...."Are you still happy with your smile?" I respond with, "Yup, I can still chew on a piece of steak." He then says, "because if you'd like to redo your entire mouth (meaning bonding, veneers etc.) you could". He goes on to tell me that our insurance company might cover the costs. We're only covered under Tony's as I don't have a "real place of employment". "Well then you'd probably have half covered". So I ask him....."What would be the price for this work?" "Oh $28,000.00....$1,000.00 per tooth). I just about choked on my suction stick. I think I'll stick with what I've got.

Comments

Fen said…
Sounds like your dentist might be starting to feel the economic pinch and is trying to upsell patients.

FWIW, $28k seems incredibly high. Maybe he was high?

Popular Posts