Alive and well

It's just been so crazy...and today's no exception...neither is tomorrow....or the next day....or the next. But I'm sitting here with my morning coffee trying to warm up and snuggled deeper into my pink, fuzzy bathrobe. It really is the warmest bathrobe. I picked it up at La Senza a year ago and wait, this isn't really supposed to be about my bathrobe, is it? Well technically no, except that you really need a warm, fuzzy bathrobe such as this on a morning, such as this. See, it's -2 at this point...would've been much colder during the night and I can vouch for that...considering we sleep with the window open! It also snowed yesterday/last night....again!! Not a whole heck of a lot....probably 5 cm or so. The sun this morning sure makes it beautiful though!

Anyways....been running around, meeting deadlines, dressing kids in pink, making appointments, burning calories. Managed to get to the gym every day this week, which makes having that glass of wine or that one cheese perogie easier to swallow. Teddy skipped a class last week....well, he says he went to a "planning" class, that everyone in Math did...I'm wondering then why it is that the "Math" teacher marked him as "skipped"? We're working on that with the counselor. Teddy wasn't impressed with the fact that I went to go see his counselor. Hey, I just want it straightened out. If Teddy's telling the truth, then the school screwed up and needs to amend his records. If Teddy bs'd me....I'll kick his...actually no, I won't....he's taller than I am now...and has really hairy armpits.

We had a dinner party here on Saturday for my buddy....she turned 40! Oh those years are quickly leaving me....*sigh*...yeah I know....I'm only "almost" 42 but the 50's will be here sooner than I can make a dozen perogies! Anyways....it was great...I hope she enjoyed herself?! The only downside to the entire evening was the following morning. We had left the garbage bag in the kitchen (on the floor). When I got up in the morning there was left over cake icing, fruit salsa, rice and anything else that was in the garbage....smeared, smothered, sprayed all over the kitchen floor. I swear I could still see some icing on the dogs nose! It was horribly disgusting! And here I was on my knees, in my flannels, cleaning the floor....most uncomfortable after having too many glasses of wine the night before. I managed to get it all cleaned up without hurling, and the dog....well she didn't get any breakfast that morning!

Comments

Popular Posts