Time marches on.....

....it's hard (and sad) to say that I'll be 43 this year...my hubs 47...my eldest 17...my middle 13...my youngest 9...my dog 3....hard to imagine?! In fact I'm literally scratching my head (okay my chin), trying to figure out how we got here....to this point....I guess breathing had a bit to do with it?! When I really think about it...I realize that Tony is now older than my father was, when they first met....can't imagine it.

Well enough about that.

I have a new GPS.....this is good thing, should I decide to take the kids down to the States again...on my own....and I will.....you know I will! It's the coolest little Magie....something or other....it even told me what turns I had to make to get out of the Pacific Centre parkade....which is recessed deep in the heart of downtown Vancouver, underneath 40 story, sky scrapers. It'll surely help me find the kids' schools....you know....on those days that I "somehow" take a wrong turn and they actually end up "walking" home?!?!

So how are you resolutions coming along? Mine...not so much....well, not yet....I am working on them though....it'll be a slow process...at least for the first week or two! I have yet to get back to the gym...thought I'd detoxify myself first.

I got a call today from my fil...."may God give me the strength to get through these "sandwhich years" that will surely grey each and every hair on my head....and then subsequently have them all fall out!". I picked up the phone.....*silence*.....*breathing*....

"Tata!? Hello?!"
"Tata!?"
"Tata?! Are you there?"
*repeated 20 or so times.....
Him "Hello?!"
Me "Hi Tata!"
Him "Ruza....what the hell are you doing?"
Me "Pardon?"
Him "I was waiting all day for you....where were you?"
Me "You know Tata....it's not very nice the way you talk ("yell") to me"
Me "I circled on the calendar....your appointment is tomorrow"
Him "What?!....oh *insert many explatives and foul words*...I thought it was today"
Me "No....that's why I wrote it on the calendar....I'll see you in the morning...okay?"
Him "What time?"
Me "I'll be there by 9 a.m."
Him "Okay....I'll get up and 4 and wait for you"

I can almost guarantee you, I'll get a call sometime around 3 or 4....him cursing a message into the voice mail....which is exactly why I'm going to turn the volume to "mute".

And now....I'm really hoping for a better night that the last two....Sunday night had me in bed by 11:30 and up and wide awake by 4:00 a.m.....tossing and turning until 7:00 a.m. Last night I awoke at 1:30 and tossed and turned until 7:00 a.m. The wine god's are punishing me for not having a glass before bedtime! I sound like such a lush...don't I? Well, I'm a lush that's knows how to cook. Except for the other night.....

I am a huge supporter of www.allrecipes.com.....I've tried many a recipe (best by rating) and have never been disappointed....until I tried the "World's Best Lasagna"....blech! The frozen one I buy from Safeway was far better.

And on that note....these tired little peepers need to get some shut-eye!

Comments

Deanna said…
Lushomatic.
Lush-o-twice
Lush drink one more.
Lush sleep nice.

Now that's good advice for a Wednesday.
Nonnie said…
I cannot believe your kids are that old! This shows how long I've been following you!

GPS is a MUST HAVE! I just started using one a couple of weeks ago, and now I'm wondering what I was thinking not having one for so long!
Deanna....not at 7:51 in the morning!!

Nonnie....I know....I'm getting soooooo old!!! Great to hear from you!

Popular Posts