Well hello there.....

....you didn't think I'd be gone forever...did you?

I'm starting to function again, albeit still in pain....the anesthetic has worn off and I'm now living in a slight fog of regular rounds of Extra Strength Tylenol. I was able to have my first shower today and boy did it feel good!

Surgery went well...apparently "textbook well", according to what the surgeon had told Tony. The nurses had a bit of tough time getting me knocked out (see....my stubborn attitude never leaves me and it won't now either) but once they did, they were able to man-handle my poor breast and arm-pit to their hearts desire. The big ole nasty tumor is gone, gone, gone!....and I lost my sentinel lymph node as well (that's the main guy that does the draining and filtering to other lymph nodes in the arm-pit area) which means the cancer had spread but luckily I didn't have to have more removed....well, at least not at this point....we'll have to wait and see what the pathology reports have to show next week.

But so far, so good...if you look at the over-all picture...I'm most grateful for how things have gone so far....but whenever I look in the mirror at my poor boobie....I just want to cry...momentarily of course....because then I remember that....the tumor is gone! My boob is so swollen and sooooo black and blue....it really is quite shocking and has kept me up the last couple of nights....it's actually kept Tony up too as he's too afraid to move in bed for fear of hitting me. I can't wear a bra and so when I walk I have to kind of hold it under my arm so that it doesn't "bounce"...lol...imagine that....my boobs "bouncing"...never mind...it's tmi....but then this whole post kind of is too. Did I mention I received my "monthly" yesterday?....lol....you knew that was coming, didn't you?...you had to?!

Anyways....I'm tired still, I'm still peeing blue (blue dye injection that I received during surgery) but I'm relaxing....seriously...I really am! Christmas cards are all almost signed. The kids are helping me out...in fact Teddy is vacuuming the house right now....I have food coming out of my ying yang and I'm so thankful for all that I have.

Now ladies....(and men)....check your boobies!

Comments

Jen said…
Glad to see you back at it!! Very glad to read that it is outta there and that you are on the mend!

:)

Popular Posts