The sun came out today

It's December 5th, 2010. It's been exactly one month and two days since my father-in-law passed away. It's been exactly one month and 7 days since I was diagnosed with "invasive, ductal, carcinoma". In the last 2 months I have had more mammograms than a woman should have in her lifetime. I've been injected with so much radioactive material that I should be sending off signals to satellites floating around high above our atmosphere. I've been poked, cut, scooped, squashed, stretched, flattened, scanned that really....how did this happen? Well it did. And I'm grateful.

Today is a beautiful day. The healing is happening with each day and I'm able to do more and more without wincing in pain. I have the support of many wonderful friends and family and more food than I know what to do with. I just enjoyed a really good cup of tea and am going to freshen myself up and step out and get some fresh air today, for the first time since surgery. My girl spent the night at a friends and I will meet up with her at her soccer game.....I think we'll just mosey on over to Starbucks after and get ourselves a hot chocolate topped with whip cream and chocolate sauce....yup....I think that's what we're going to do!

You guys have a great day too!

Comments

Popular Posts