I'm not as strong as you think I am....

Today I met with my oncologist/family friend....all reports were good. I went through my "chemo teaching"....I can't even begin to tell you how scared the drugs that they're going to pump through me make me feel....I'm terrified....and yet...."comfortably numb"....go figure. My "home away from home" for the next year "essentially" has been set up and I've met my "temporary family members" today.... The chemotherapy department at LGH is about to become my "next best friend".

My first treatment begins on December 24 and runs for 5 treatments, every three weeks....I will finish my last chemo on March 21 (5 days after my birthday) and then run another 13 treatments (every three weeks) with the drug "Herceptin"....at which time my last treatment will be November 28th, 2011...and then I'll have radiation...I'm putting on my foot down on next Christmas being a better one than this....I'm hoping.

And with all of this....it's going to cost us between $25,000 - $36,000.....less if we go the 7 day injection route of the "white blood cell med"...as opposed to the 1 day per treatment injection.....I don't know....$9,000.00 is alot of money that could be spent in Tofino...

I almost broke down as we got "the tour"....I was the youngest one there by a far cry....I know I'm not but....at the moment I was...."I wish I had a river I could skate away on".....

My friend told me today that her first treatment made her so jittery that she was up at 4 am baking and cooking...which might be a good thing...I should just leave all the Christmas prep work for that first night...or maybe the family will wake up to more food than they could handle in a week?!?!?

For now....my husband is the most awesome....sparing not a single nickle on my health.....how can I not love this family??? Seriously....I am loved....and that's what's going to get me through this......

Well I should get some shut-eye....did I mention?....the hair that I've spent so long in trying to grow....is getting hacked off...it's time....it'll make the transition a whole lot easier.....for once....I'm look forward to change.

Comments

Popular Posts