Taken for a very expensive ride.

So remember that "ka ka" was supposed to hit the fan sometime last week? And then I didn't really say much about it? Well, that's because it happened today.....and it's a slippery mess!

"G" called me this morning to tell me that he's already "taken "J" off as signing officer, it was a good thing I wasn't coming in today....it's going to be an all out war".

"G" called me again around noon....I asked how things went? He said "ugly". He asked me a couple of questions about cheques and what not and we said good bye.

"G" called me again....from the police station. Apparently "J" had cashed a $7,000 cheque yesterday, withdrew $10,000 from the company visa and.....has a $80,000 client bank draft....and all the client files.....and is no longer returning "G's" calls.

"G" asked me to come into the office tomorrow to help him gather some stuff.....I told him to grab the computer tower under my desk as all the client information is stored in there (since we don't have the files). I told him as well, that I wouldn't be going into the office without him by my side....I don't know what kind of a sicko this guy is turning out to be. So he assured me that he'd be there for 1:00 tomorrow.

Wish me luck, cuz I'm nervous as all hell!

Oh and "G" is supposed to be leaving for Australia to be there for his daughter....who's having his first (and probably only) granchild...."G" is in his early 60's. I feel so bad for him.

Comments

Fen said…
Wowee, "J" sounds like he wants to go to prison for embezzlement. What a bummer to have been caught in the middle of but, really, it seems like "G" should have done a bit more homework before bringing "J" on board. I hope he's able to recoup some of his losses and that "J" gets hit by a bus (only kidding, mostly).
Anonymous said…
Erik....yeah, I have to agree...not sure what made "G" go ahead and partner up with "J". From the moment I met "J", I felt uncomfortable. And I'm really trying to figure out what the hell "J" is thinking....seriously, does he think he can get away with this?

The $7,000 is gone. The $10,000 withdrawn on the visa may be recouped...there's some sort of insurance on that....I think??? As far as the $80,000 goes??...we'll have to wait and see what the cops say.

Popular Posts