Proud of myself

You know that whole fiasco that I've been living with the "two partners"? Well I put "J" in his place on Monday.

Basically...."G's" gone away to be with his daughter and his very first grandchild....about to be born any day. I'm in control of the business and was given instructions on how to handle things. Well "J" didn't like certain things in my control and told me so....in a very ugly, loud and disrespectful voice mail he left on my cell. I don't do well with confrontation (my nerves are destroyed thanks to my mother) and would rather just avoid it, at any cost. This time however....I thought...."na uh...I'm not going to take this crap!" So I called him back.

I started the conversation by saying, "Hello "J", first of all....you have no right to leave nasty messages on my voice mail such as the one I received this morning." He starts off at the lips and won't shut up....I tell him "excuse me, I'm speaking....you can wait your turn". He starts to raise his voice and gets ugly....I tell him "I work for "G", I took instructions from "G" and I followed those instructions! If you have an issue with how I handled things....you need to speak to "G". You do not however, have the right to yell and disrespect me!".

Anyways...he started to cool off a bit and even apologized. Kept saying that he has been "badly hurt" here (whatever) and that he never imagined it would end like this...also telling me that he's a "polite and respectful man" (my eyes just about didn't come back into place....from rolling to the back of my head) and that he would really like things to end off well with me (I'm still concerned he'll take an AK47 to mine and "G's" head).

Like I said....I'm usually the person (I so take after my dad) who will just agree to disagree and smile pretty in the background.....but not this time....and I'm so glad that I stood my ground....I have much more respect....especially from those (sub-contractors) that were in earshot when "J" left the nastiness on my voice-mail.

On a different note.....I held off starting my second round of antibiotics as things were looking pretty good. Then.....today.....it started up again....the redness....the swelling.....the creamy blood....Tony's picking the pills up tomorrow....*sigh*.

Comments

Fen said…
Good for you for standing up to him and letting him know you aren't a doormat for him to vent on. With some luck, he'll take a look at his attitude and realize he's been a colossal jerk but I doubt it, jerks rarely have the capacity examine their own behavior.

Popular Posts