Perspective on things

As I age...yes, I am....and so are you!...I find I know more and more individuals who become ill with cancer. It's almost chilling actually. The statistics show that 2 in 5 individuals will develop cancer at some point in their lives...that's almost half my family.

So anyways....I came across a fellow Flickr' a while back (I think through Erik at "Intellectual Poison")....her photos are great, even more than "great". Just recently though she started her own "journey with cancer blog" and has been completely open with photos of the double masectomy she just endured last week. I'm still floored that they sent her home after less than 24 hours.

My point here.....she's an amazing woman and I for one, am learning a great deal from her. Despite the fact that she's gone through what any woman would dreads ever having to go through....she's doing it in style. She's happy, she's optimistic, she's healthy and she's just down right inspirational. When most would be depressed, angry and pessimistic....this woman takes it to a new level.

We all bitch about how we're tired we are, how much we have to do, the bills we have, we hate our jobs, we're mad at our spouses, our kids drive us crazy....whatever....until we're faced with what she's facing...it's easy to forget to appreciate all we do have....the love, family, a paycheque, food on the table, the warmth of the sunshine (or in my case....the rain) and most importantly...health.

Anyways....I look forward to hearing how her day has gone, because most assuredly....she deals with things way better than I do....and she's inspiring.

Oh and....today is the 5 year mark of my dad having his massive stroke....and about the 10 year mark of being diagnosed with Lymphoma.

Life is good.

Comments

Fen said…
I'd say happy anniversary but not much happy in a lymphoma anniversary. But yeah, Deborah's an awesome and uplifting story. Her attitude reminds me of my dad's when he got diagnosed.

Popular Posts