I survived

Sorry....have left you hanging for a couple of days. Obviously I wasn't gunned down, or kidnapped for ransom or anything if I'm writing this post. I can tell you though, that yesterday was an extremely tense day and once it was over....well I could have just crawled into bed, pulled up the sheets and let everyone fend for themselves...of course we all know that I would never actually do that.

I started the day by finishing up on some work....then a visit with my fil....who just happened to be in a most joyous mood....I'm totally telling the truth here....not. Had to stop at Staples and spend $75 on a new printer cartridge...ouch! It was nice to have a $20 coupon to help with the bill....even if I earned that coupon by spending hoards of dollars there previously. In my nervousness I forgot about lunch and went back to pick up a Snickers....my trainer (oh so many years ago) said to me, "if you're going to have a candy bar....the best one to have is a Snickers".....I never forgot those words of wisdom.

I got to North Vancouver a little early and decided to wait in my car as I didn't see "G's" car. It looked as though "J" wasn't there either but...just in case. "G" showed up and we unlocked the front door...at this point my heart was racing and my hands were shaking....yes...I have anxiety issues. Being the gentleman that he is, he said..."let me go up first".....I followed and we quickly got to work. I grabbed my calculator, stapler (those two items alone cost "G" $100), my pens, my files, any other files pertaining to "G's" business and left over cheque stubs/invoices. I forgot my plastic $5 desk fan that Tony bought me last summer. ;o( "G" had already taken the computer tower the night before....this had all the accounting information stored in it.

I was incredibly happy to be out of there....

"G" had me come by his place to pick up the Tower, give me a bottle of wine and some frozen salmon....hey, it's nice to get the "extras". He told me I'd never have to go back....yay!

Today I spent the day redoing his files, cleaning out the old tower and transferring all the data to my computer....I'm not a total dudd at this computer business....and yes....I remembered to wipe out my browsing history, all cookies and most importantly....the recycle bin. Everything's set and waiting by the front door for "G" to pick up.

I'm a little nervous though, as he called me today to let me know that he gave "J" until 3 p.m. today to return an $80,000 bank draft, all of the files and any cheques that were done this week. I haven't heard back from him...even though I texted him....so I'm really hoping he's okay. All in all..."G" has had an incredibly attitude...I mean, yeah...he's upset and you can tell in the tone of his voice, but....he said "well, no one died and it's only money....when I get back from "A" we'll start over....I'm not done yet....not on account of some jerkoff like "J"".

So that's the gist of the story to date.

I've been fighting an incredible headache...obviously due to stress and anxiety....and my leg....I though it almost got a little better and then "ewww....", today it's not doing too good again. I'm on day 5 of the antibiotics...I have enough for 10 days. I could go to the clinic tomorrow, but....they'll just tell me to finish the antibiotics....not to mention the fact that I'm jam packed this weekend. Monday I go back to my old "regular" schedule and could probably try and fit in the doctor's then, or....we'll see how it is on Monday, if there's no improvement I'll make an appointment for Tuesday. My meds should be just about done by then and we'll know better if they've made any difference. Personally....I think I'm going to end up with yet another scar on my leg.

Oh and....poor Al....he's laying on the couch right now, trying to hold the insides of his stomach down....he rarely gets sick but....he's a very, very quiet cookie right now.

Comments

Fen said…
Like a regular soap opera these days! Glad nothing crazy happened and that G has the right frame of mind. I don't think I'd take an $80k hit anywhere near as calmly!

Popular Posts