My belly is itchy...

...I just had to say....not sure why....it's just itchy...in spots.

So hey!...haven't been here for a while...been meaning to...but really....been doing "not a hell of alot" this week and really...."chillin"...and not "stressin"...which is what this is all about...right?

Did some work, had lunch, bought crafting supplies....took care of myself.

Today I went for more blood work...I'm not sure that it's such a good thing that I have access to my results. My WBC (white blood cells) dropped by 50% in one week, my platelets went up (that's a good thing)...my RBC (red blood cells), hemoglobin and neutrophils have all dropped....and have dropped with each treatment. These are indications that I'm becoming "anemic"...not a big deal but really...do I need any sort of complications? Treatment #4 is on Monday....I can't wait till they're over. Aleks decided he wanted to spend the day with me at the chemo ward...I will use and abuse the poor child and maybe...just maybe we'll get a few photos happening.

I seem to be pretty oblivious to this whole "cancer" thing nowadays...it's a part of my life....feeling shitty...feeling great....wearing hair....wearing a bandana...deciding to go "naked" through the house (not totally of course.....just the head)...wearing make-up...looking like a walking cancer cell. All in good humor people! Anyways...my point here....I'm pretty "cool" with the situation I'm in but....every once in a while it will hit me again...like yesterday morning....the alarm goes off and I send the hubs off to the shower...I lay there and have this gut wrenching realization that...."I have cancer"....it still sucks...big time....even if I have some cool bandanas and I drive a cool car...which I do.

I've gained unnecessary weight, I've lost "necessary" hair, I'm pale, I'm tired and yes...I'm bitching..it could be worse.

Did I tell you that my husband signed me up for the annual "Sun Run"...it's a 10K walk/run to help benefit people like me....it's happening 6 days after my final chemo...10K...yeah...I don't think so....but you never know. I started my so called "training" (walking) today.....I'll definitely give it my all. I have a skateboard all lined up that I can sit on and Tony can push me along on...

Totally different note....I have my eldests' graduation "commencement" date....this is just way too freaky for me....my kid....graduating....creepy. My Al turns 14 next month and my girl....went to the local "Jelly Bean" dance tonight with two of her "guy friends"...while her "soul mate" kept texting her (on my phone) while he stayed home with the flu.

Life is good.

Comments

Popular Posts