Balder than bald and not a great week to show for it.

I'm trying....trying really hard but....I had a meltdown last night...in bed...at 10:30 p.m.....apparently I'm still "allowed"....*whew*. I was doing okay until the Neulasta kicked in and then it was knife piercing pain from my chest down...every 2 seconds or so...constant...through the day...and the night. Needless to say I've been having a couple of really bad nights and missing out on sleep....lying there while shots of pain continue to go through my bones. I feel like an 80 year old today. Not to mention but...and this is where I get very personal...."Mother Nature" has it in for me....her timing is impeccable and personally....I want to go ahead and strangle her because she has no part in my world...right now.

Otherwise....my bandanas haven't come yet and my stubble is falling....my eyelashes and brows have thinned and I've gained far too much weight for my liking....and yet I'm hungry! I decided if I can have a decent night sleep tonight my plan is to make perogies tomorrow and spend 30 minutes on the bike at the gym. I know it's the drugs but I just feel sooooo yucky...and I'm so not used to this. It's been great not having to shave though....my armpits are as smooth as a baby's bottom.

On a different note...I have a friend who's in a bit of a bind. We're not in the best of shape but we have far more than many and way too much to be thankful for....Tony and I decided to give this family a helping hand and I'm really hoping that it isn't taken the wrong way. It's just a gift card for groceries but...you just never know how one will take this sort of gesture.

I made reservations for dinner tomorrow for me and the man and I'm looking forward to a nice dinner for two at a steak house that I've been eyeing forever....something to look forward to and maybe dress up a little and even....wash the hair and put on some make-up. I'm just hoping that the pain has lessened and I can enjoy the day a little more than I have this past week.

But again....things could be so much worse...things are good....I'm going to kick this and everyone else is healthy....life is grand!

Comments

Popular Posts