Manifestations and things you might not want to hear

So it seems that the chemicals have really started kicking in as of three days ago. I've been doing pretty good thus far but have noticed a change this past week. I think it really hit home when yesterday, I was having lunch with a friend and could not drink my beer...it was awful...I mean the beer...not the not being able to drink it...that's almost a good thing. No but really...people (and myself) have been pleasantly surprised as to how "easily" I was taking this whole chemo ordeal....well no longer.

I will be blunt here so if you don't want to read....hit the "x" now.

I began my period last Friday...now typically it would start and after 4-5 days it would be done. Well...since I started chemo this is how it's gone....and remember...my treatments are only 3 weeks apart. Treatment no. 1 - period begins one day after. Treatment no. 2 - period began one day prior. Treatment no. 3 - period began 4 days after and has not stopped since. That's right folks...I've been bleeding for 9 days straight. I've also have issues with bad nose bleeds.

While I haven't been too concerned about the nose bleeds...I have no nose hairs to speak of and the weather/temperature has been dry....not to mention the fact that they do stop with proper compression....they have been happening on a daily basis for the last week...well, except for today....my nose is heavily coated in Vaseline. I have been slightly concerned about the length of the "other" bleeding....so I made an appointment to see my doctor today.

The other "weird thing" is that yesterday I started to get a very painful spot on my hand. Now let me try and explain this....have you ever had a small vein burst in your hand? It can be quite painful and quickly turns into a small purple bruise.... Well that's what I thought this thing was turning out to be except....it never really turned into a bruise and never stopped hurting....so I wanted to mention this too.

I start the conversation with...."I don't want to make mountains out of mole hills but....I don't want to leave something that might need dealing with sooner rather than later either." So he checks me over....oh yeah...I forgot to mention that yesterday was also a day of sneezing, sore throat and down right crummy feeling.... I check out okay...except for the hand thing....he gives me a topical antibiotic because "it looks strange". The bleeding...."while it's not a "normal" thing...it might be "normal" in my instance. So I was sent for blood work...to make sure my platelets were okay...we'll find out in a day or two.

I'm definitely feeling better than I did yesterday...although still stuffed....I've only sneezed 3 times...as opposed to 3 x 30. I also don't feel as chilled or just plain crappy....even though I had a terrible night's sleep...on the couch...because I didn't want the husband to have a bad night.

Anyways...my girl is watching over my shoulder so I'll end this here...more to be continued...soon.....

Bread is baking....smelling pretty yummy!

Comments

Popular Posts