Update on my uncle

So the poor guy (along with 300 other customers) ended up having to stay at a hotel (near the airport) (the airline lost big time on this one, considering a nights' stay was $350!). The airline finally advised them (at 10:30 p.m.) that the flight was canceled (my uncle was witness to one of the engines smoking) and gave them $75 to spend (on food etc.)...unfortunately, while they had everyone shipped to the hotel by 12:30 p.m.....they also had them awake for 4:30 a.m.! The next call I got was at 6:15 a.m....sadly though...I was oblivious to the ring/vibrate!

The morning started off rocky as Teddy stayed home from school yesterday, but I made him go today...but then he fell asleep again and I woke him at....well, when we had to go! I got a call from the hotel at 9:00 a.m. asking me to come to the airport as everyone would be assigned new flights and well....my uncle doesn't speak english.

Because of all the stress...my uncle ends up bursting a blood vessel in his eye...which leaves him with (where it should be white) a very bloody eye. After standing in line for an hour...we get his new flight booked (some people aren't leaving until tomorrow...some until the next day), get hims some "Euro dollars". My dad shows up to take over and I head off to a clients.

Happy Ending....the flight has taken off. He's on his way to London and then to Vienna, where he'll get picked up to drive the 40 kms drive to Bratislava.

*hmmmm* I wonder if he'll come back?

He was great fun! I do hope he does!

Comments

Popular Posts