Mother's Day is NOT supposed to be about the police, fire men and paramedics!!!

It started off a fairly decent Mother's Day....my morning jav, my morning boot (to get the elders out of the house and sight seeing before the rains returned) to spending time with Krystina, enjoying a latte and a double chocolatey something or other. What I had no idea though was....how the evening was going to end.

Dinner was late. I was bbq'ing "fast fry, pork chops"...they were finally done at 6:55. All plates had been served when I heard Teddy belt out a complaint. I look oer and he's on the kitchen floor with blood pooling out of his nose. Might I say....quickly going in to shock.

We get him to the bathroom, where he proceeds to turn an incredible shade of white, blood still pouring out of his nose and then falls backwards, almost into the tub. I, the entire time...thought he was joking. I end up with blood on my kitchen floor, my bathroom floor, my bathroom mat, my pants and my kid...not remember how he got from the bathroom to the living room. He proceeds to go into shock.

911 dispatched.

First the fire men. Many questions.
Second the paramedics. More questions.
Third the police. Even more questioning.

All the while....no body took their damn shoes off!!!

Teddy came around. The dog bit his nose. Now before you get into a snit....he deserved it....sorry to say, but...it's the truth. And we only hope...he's finally, finally learned a lesson about "teasing" the dog. The dog bit him good and he ended up with a superficial (as well as an internal) 'owie'...he'll survive. Unless you live here and see how Teddy tortures the dog...you have no idea.

Anyways, many tears later (it was Mother's Day), a non-eaten dinner, more grey hairs grown...everybody's fine, and the cops have finally left.

See...always excitement in this household!

Comments

Fen said…
Teddy bled like a stuck pig because Kayce got tired of putting up with his crap? I never did understand the "allure" of teasing an animal. Hope he learned his lesson and starts treating animals with more respect.

Sorry your day got so sideways though!

Ours turned out pretty well overall. Trip to the dog park, bloody dog mouth dripping all over the car (and the boys and Grady was NOT pleased), got a bike ride in and the boys got a bath. Am beat now though!
Erik...I certainly hope he's learned his lesson. Kayce is such a good dog (and good with kids/people) but she had just had enough.

Popular Posts