It was a good night to go out....

....even if the meal was less than yummy.

I cook...I cook almost every single day...for 6 people and sometimes more (sometimes less too)...but the point is that we don't go out very often...it's too expensive. So I said to Tony this morning..."hey..how about we head out to Ea*rl's tonight and eat someone else's cooking?". Teddy ended going to work, Krystina went to a soccer buddies for a "movie night" and so I sent Grandpa and Al off to get a burger and we went out to enjoy dinner on our own.

I put my hair on and we headed down the road....it was busy...it was noisy...but it was good to get out. Tony ordered a plate of the hot wings, I ordered a "prawn dish" that came out to be a sushi roll (totally mis-read that)...but was tasty. And then my hubs had a cedar planked salmon and I had the chicken in a white wine sauce...both not as good as we had hoped. The flavor wasn't there and they forgot Tony's potatoes...how do you forget the starch? Still....it was good to get out and be alone and talk...which we always seem to forget how to do as soon as we sit down...so we talk about the kids...and my hairless head.

And now I ask the middle child to "stop yelling at his PS3"...we wait for the girl to be driven home from her "movie night" and the eldest to finish his shift at the pancake place where he picked up a shift to wash dishes because hey...he had nothing better to do.

But all in all....a good day to be had.

Comments

Popular Posts