Well hello there!...is the year over yet?

Crazy, Crazy, Crazy! Need I say more?

I have finally ventured out into the crazy world of the malls. I hate it. Love the season. Hate the malls. That's not to say that I hate "shopping"....I enjoy buying gifts for my kids. It's the malls. The pushing. The shoving. The heat. The stink. People butting in. People snorking. People coughing and sneezing all over my back. The line-ups. The parking. The crunches (oh yeah...one bimbette backed out right into another car last night....the driver of the "injured" was NOT impressed). So yeah....can't stand it...especially since come January...the malls will be deserted! And what are my plans for today? ha ha ha....I'm taking the little girl and we're going SHOPPING! Oh well...I've always been a glutton for punishment.

The weekend was great! Tony and I ended up heading into the downtown core around 3 on Saturday. Checked into our hotel...26th floor, with a view, with a balcony!! Nauseating but beautiful! Promptly got ourselves ready to head out to dinner. Jumped in a cab and were down at The Sandbar by 5 p.m. Had an amazing feast of appetizers (and wine)....broke down and had my first raw oyster (times two)...yum!!!! (and wine). Had a okay dish of "seafood hot pot" (and wine), then desert that I didn't see the light of (thanks to my hubs) and a Bailey's on ice. We then headed over to the Arts Club Theatre to watch a play...yup...a play. And how appropriate was it that it was "It's a Wonderful Life"?!?! It was actually really, really well done and highly recommended (if you're in the vicinity). Then it was over to a bar (for more wine) that we weren't thrilled with (no peanuts), so we headed back to the hotel to sit in their lounge (for more wine)(and peanuts). We said our good night's at around 12:30 to head back up to our suite and have....lo and behold...."more wine"! Then we crashed. Amazingly enough, although a "slight" headache the next morning....I was doing okay. So we walked "the strip" and oogled some fudge, checked out LuLuLemon, bought some candy (for the kids) and lots of water and coffee. Oh, did I mention we had room-service for breaky!?!?! $17.00 for a plate of bacon, eggs, hash browns and toast! Juice was $4.50!....times two. Coffee was "make it yourself in the room".....it's a good thing, we didn't have to pay. Tony (We) is (are) treated well for the stress he puts up with during the year.

A wonderful weekend with my hubs.

And with that...it's time to venture out into the wild, wild west!

Comments

Deanna said…
ok... clearly an excrutiating good time.

FAR better than my one glass of wine experience.

FAR FAR better than my TWO glass of wine expereince with lots of ice added.

AND even... well into the deep dark evening of last night I equipped myself with yet again another little glass of wine. Just enough to make me warm.

M little person that I live with only lives with me... he doesn't actually wish to spend time with me... or so it seems. Not that I do not like him, or vice versa.. it's strange actually.

In thenew year I will continuet o look for another job... perhaps freeing myself from the weekend gig might be a good thing...

Popular Posts