He went shopping!

My husband, who can't stand shopping, can't stand malls...my husband said to me the other day...."Friday, I'm going to take you to the mall to find a nice dress (for Saturday) and then I'm going to take you to dinner at the Cactus Club". I looked at him like...."are you for real?" Then he proceeds with..."I was going to surprise you but I know you're so busy I didn't want it to conflict with anything". At that moment I died and went to Heaven.

So tonight, true to his word....he came home early from work, picked me up and took me to the mall....the real life mall....you know the one with many stores, many people and money sucking machines. At least I didn't make it tooooo painful for him.

I walked into one store, looked at the displays and left. Walked into a second store (one I had gone into before and had seen some nice items) and asked him to help me picked something....something he thought would look good. Between the two of us, we picked 4 outfits....even included one of those "shawl/scarf" additions to an outfit. The first item was actually a blouse and made me look like I was a "double D"....yeah, great for guys but....definitely not for me. The second was a green and black dress....nice dress....but wrong colors! The third a simple, classy "black dress"....almost sold. Then I said...."hmmm....can I try that dress hanging on the wall?" It's a rustic/burgundy color with splashes of black thrown in, pucked and tucked...simple, classy, beautiful! I had to have it! The problem....it only came in small and extra large....small is too small...I'm a medium. I had to have it! Not to mention the shoes that I had on just to "make the look complete". Well there was one other store that had one medium left....bought the shoes....not sure how I'm going to walk in them....there will suredly be no "excess" drinking cuz I'll be sure to end up with a broken ankle or a broken nose! Ran to the truck and flew over the bridge....found the store, found the dress....tried it on and done!...it's beautiful! I can't eat tomorrow, for fear of gaining weight and not being able to get into the dress.

We then headed over to the Cactus Club and had a very memorable and nice time together over yummy food and drinks....what a fine way to spend an evening with my hubs!

To my horror however....I put the dress and shoes on, to show Grandpa and the kids since they won't see me in it tomorrow and......I found out the store had left the security tag on the dress. *sigh*...I have to head back to the store tomorrow and get that removed....it might look a little tacky if I were to decide to leave it on...don't ya think?

Say a little prayer and hope that my knee doesn't screw up between now and tomorrow night and then provided I take little steps....I should be okay in my new heels. I should probably bring my "Vans" just in case....no?!

Comments

Popular Posts