Let's carry on

So after a really yummy "salad" dinner...okay, it might have been a "salad" but it was chalk full of all kinds of yummies that weren't so "salady"....like steak and cheese and bread....just yum! Not to mention the 1/2 bottle of wine I ordered for myself...sorry sis. It was a gorgeous night when we arrived in Boston, warm and very welcoming...of course by the time our meal came (we sat outside) the wind picked up and we were pretty much clutching our jackets closed to avoid wind friction. Anyways...we knew right at that moment that we were in a very, very cool city.

Beat and worn we headed back to the hotel and made our way to our beds. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........

I awoke to my sister's cell phone playing some awful tune at 7:50 a.m. Funny...she usually has pretty good choice in music but...the tunes she picked on her cell....could use another picking. I woke up and ask her..."what's going on?" She says to me..."I don't know, "S" is doing something weird" ("S" being her husband, my bil)...I'm like..."Yes!....he's ordered breakfast for us!" So she goes out to the hallway and lo and behold....there he is! She says "OMG"...I say "OMG" (something I don't ever say) and....we go from there!



It was a surprise....and a very welcome one for my sister! I'm so glad that he was able to come and share this very cool time with her. And I'm so very glad that I ended up with a drinking partner...okay, that doesn't sound very good but....well, come one....she couldn't have a drink until AFTER the race, and I....was on vacation too! ;o)

We did some sight-seeing that day and then ended up at Fenway...he had it all arranged....the tickets for all "three" of us and everything. So I ended up drinking 4 beers (something I NEVER do) with him, while my sister got a kick at watching us get buzzed. We had the most delicious (at least in my opinion) pizza ever, after the game. Seriously...it was that good.



The walk from Fenway to the hotel did us good and...then we enjoyed (while my darling sister slept) another bottle (or two) of wine...watching some show that I would never typically watch.



Pretty sad huh? Whatever...it was fun!

Comments

Deanna said…
Loving it!!!!!

OK.. and get this... the word verivication today is: shabi!!!

Which today's post is not...

OK... to help you out oh tired one..

NOT TO SHABI my friend!!!
Fen said…
Sounds like a fantastic time! Not sad at all. I haven't back east in a long time but I've always liked Boston, it has a very different vibe than New York or Chicago for sure!

Popular Posts