Busy weekend...

....between haircuts, groceries, dance class, laundry, work, cooking and...enjoying the sun!!! Yes....we had glorious sun!!! Hard to believe that just a mere week ago it was snowing here like the dickens and today....I was sitting in the front yard, doing paperwork in 20 degrees of beautiful vitamin D!

I took a day off from working out. Yes..it's become a sickness...in a good sort of way...I suppose...at least for my heart and for my husband ;o)! I managed 6 days last week and plan on 6 days this week... I've become obsessed with food labels, sodium content and fat amounts. Why?....because I also see the tummy shrinking in the mirror when I'm sweating it out on the treadmill! And....I'm feeling all the better for it! I might be 42 but...there's no reason I can't get back to where I was 5 years ago...at least I'm not giving up...yet!

Tonight I made "Tilapia" fish marinated in a "lemon and herb" dip....so far I'm the only one who really "enjoyed" it...but that could be because it's a hell of a lot better than boiled fish.

Tomorrow it's a busy day of picking up paperwork. I don't have time to complete. As well as the gym and so much more....because....my life is never a bore!

Comments

Fen said…
Hey, I had tilapia last night too. I wrapped mine in foil, sprinkled lemon pepper on it and put it on the grill. Tasty stuff!

I'm glad you're liking your workouts so much. I wish I could get my bike rides in more regularly but it isn't happening yet.

And, to add to your food label madness, try to not ingest any High Fructose Corn Syrup for a week. That stuff is everywhere! And its awful for you.
The "leftover" tilapia was actually almost as yummy as the "fresh" stuff...in my opinion!

The workouts...yeah...like I said...a "sickness". It's very strange though when you're losing weight and yet your jeans are fitting tighter in your legs and rear...all in a good way, of course...but still a brain teaser!

Thanks for the tip on the Corn Syrup! I'm trying to cut down the amount of sugar in my coffee as well.

Popular Posts