Decisions, decisions

So the old guy seems to be "adjusting"...thankfully! He will probably lose his damage deposit from the "assisted living" side....yeah well, when they have to take apart the radiator and out comes bunch of garbage and 30 or so odd pills...I kidd you not...I'm not surprised. I picked him up a new radio (until the t.v. arrives) so that he can have some entertainment, other than the woman down the hall who howls every minute or so.

I have the opportunity to join the team of 150+ engineers in a company stationed in the heart of downtown....30 hours per month...do I want it? I talked to the husband....I'm undecided...seriously. I told my accountant that I need at least two more weeks to get through a mess of an account and then maybe I can consider (as they'll just be maintenance from that point on). Having my fil in extended care will lighten the load slightly but....damn it...I just went back to the gym today. Still....30 hours at $30/hour....means I could afford a new car....not that I'd drive it into the downtown core...that would just be stuuuuupid! Still....a really good opportunity....Aleks has already said that he'd like to "enter the business"...he needs money...I could use the help.

For now....all of my "hobbies" will have to wait until I retire.

Comments

Popular Posts