I'm gonna get through this.

So tonight was Krystina's birthday party/our annual bbq. It was a couple of weeks in the making and I think....turned out just great!

Um, so let's see...it's 1:30 a.m. and I'm still awake..."why is that, you ask?"...probably because I have 5 girls still wide awake, singing and dancing to the "Jonas Brothers"....please help me! They will sleep...tomorrow...right? Of course I have to be up by 8 in order to feed them pancakes (with chocolate chips) and sausages. We had burgers, hot dogs, brat wurst, carmelized onions, chicken legs, caesar salad, potato salad, jalapeno peppers stuffed with feta....just to name a few. Beer, wine, pop, ice tea...did I mention it was stinking hot!? A pinata was beaten to the ground...just to deliver sweetness to all the good boys and girls. The cake was yummy. We only had one mishap...a dear lady (mom of a friend) had fallen off her chair (no, she wasn't drunk) and hurt her arm....oh, and the citronella candles that started to burn my flower garden edging...a severe safety issue! I have a fabulous bite on the back of my leg....I think I got bit by a horse fly! Clean up is mostly done...except for my living room...which is where these girls are sleeping....eventually.

Anyways...it was busy, intense, fun, great, a memory for Krystina and damn hot! Oh and did I mention??????...my throat is sore...has been all day....and now my nose is plugging up....great....just what I needed....especially in this heat. Can I go to sleep now? Not likely huh? Okay....I'll catch up tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts