Frustrated

It seems it just never fails. I finally get over something or other and am ready to get myself back into the groove....and then something else comes up. In this case, it was the removal of stitches from my leg. I figured the party/bbq was done, along with all the prep work and now I was ready to get back into the gym. Well.....

Last week I noticed a couple of days that I felt "cold". I walked around in my Boston "hoodie" trying to keep warm...meanwhile everyone else was dying of heat stroke (not quite literally, but you get the jist). Then the day of the bbq/party, I noticed my throat felt weird...not "raw" like you'd expect with strep throat or even just a regular plain old "sore throat"....it was weird....hurt like hell to sneeze and felt uncomfortable swallowing. Then last night I wake up with what felt like a blockage in my throat...again, not really "raw pain"...just pain. I don't know if my body's trying to keep it together and not let itself succumb to a full blown flu (could be due to the Kyani I'm taking) or if it's just going to teeter like this for a few days and then disappear. Regardless....I'm not about to risk it by going to the gym and ending up sick for 2 weeks like I did earlier this year....I can't afford the time off!

Teddy has started summer school...great day for it...the weather was lousy. Tomorrow I'm off to clients, but I did manage to get a bunch of stuff done today...which always makes for a "good feeling".

Comments

Fen said…
My best advice for fighting something that's trying to get you is to do an extra ounce of Sunrise in the evenings as well as the mornings. I found that the extra vitamins and antioxidants are almost always able to keep me from getting sick.

Hope you feel better! I know all about not having the time to get sick. I need to stay healthy until at least Monday!
Well it turns out I got over this one....I think it's pretty much behind me now. And to boot...I'm back in the gym!

Popular Posts