Happy Canada Day

Untitled from WindBlossom on Vimeo.



This is a video clip of Aleks at his year-end recital. Although he really doesn't have a "year-end"....he goes 12 months out of the year straight...so I guess we should really just call it a "recital" of sorts.

Life has been busy, crazy, shitty, great, depressing, stressful, the best...all of the above. I love my kids and my family....I'm not liking the situation I'm in right now at all. But I'm not about to dwell.

We had a great birthday with Krystina and will have a great bbq/party on Saturday with 6 of her girlfriends (sleeping over) and 2 of her "guy" friends (and their parents) coming over for burgers and beer...yum! I think in total, there should be around 28 people here....fun times!

Teddy starts summer school on Monday and will also learn how to use the public transit system. Almost 16, no desire to learn to drive a car....take a bus.

Had a great time tonight with friends and their bbq. No matter what the food...you gotta love it when someone else does the cooking.

Tony and the boys are outside as I type...blowing off fireworks. It's Canada Day...be proud...stand high...give a salute. Let's just hope the country doesn't go down the proverbial toilet! We're in a good place though...thankfully.

If I'm going to put in a plug in for "Kyani" right now...my knees haven't given me an ounce of pain for the past three weeks.

Oh poop (this is a family show)...just realized that they're blowing the fireworks off in my "veggie garden"!

Anyways...hope you enjoy the clip of Al playing "Closer to the Heart"...sorry for the "sideness"...it straightens up at about the 45 second mark....when he actually starts to play.

Comments

Fen said…
Aleks did a good job (the videographer should maybe lay off the wine tho! hehe).

I haven't even bothered to get any fireworks this year. There are plenty that other people will shoot off and I don't want to be the one who burns someone's house down (it is really dry here right now).

Hope the rest of your busy weekend is as fun! I'm just hoping for good times with good friends, is that so much to ask for?
hehehe....

Tony usually gets a supply of fireworks around Halloween. They're so expensive, so we try to ration the supply over the year and only blow off a few with the kids. Certainly not enough to get the neighbours jumpy and of course, they're always supervised. It's been pretty dry here as of late as well....but certainly not like down in your neck of the woods.

Hope you have/had a great holiday weekend as well. And now....I'm off to continue with prepping for the festivities.

Popular Posts