Another Chapter

Here we go the next round of  body torture!  Tomorrow at 11:30 I will begin my rounds of radiation...20 of them...day to day (except weekends and holidays...hmmm...I wonder how much better off I'd be if I did this consecutively?).  I'm not looking forward to this and the effects should hit me two weeks into it.....and last 2 - 4 weeks after I finish.

Funny thing is that I got a summons to jury duty last week and had to ask my oncologist to write me a note to "excuse" me...well she did....and she wrote that I'll be out of commission until at least...August 2...there goes my summer!

Last night I gave my children persmission to "color" my head...they had fun...the only stipulation was that they had to use "washable" markers...I have pictures...they're coming.

My eldest is going to his Grad dinner/dance next weekend...it's going to be a very long night.

I'm having issues with women....in general...how old are we?  P/D....nothing to do with you. I think there comes a time when we really do need to grow up and stop acting like we're 10.

Al's sitting next to me on his computer playing some tunes...currently it's "Classical Gasl" by Vanessa Mae (not Mason Williams...which is another great version)...this one includes my most favorite instrument the violin...I tell ya..check it out.

The Canucks are winning but I'm vowed into silence because they last time they won I freaked and did a "whistle" that blew my husbands ear drum.

The girl in on the computer eating ice-cream and listening to the Beatles....we're far too techi.  Actually it's more that this family has far too many computers and we've forgotten how to socialize with each other.  This is actually not completely true...we talk...and write on each other's heads'....it's all love.

And with that...the girl needs a bath and I need to load up on mega water if I'm going to get through this burning phase.

On a side note...the Canucks are totally winning...it's still early....it's early with the Canucks until there's 10 seconds to go...and even then but...woo hoo..."bye bye San Jose"!

Comments

Fen said…
Sorry I've been absent lately, the end of the school year is a time of near total chaos for me and we have no cushion to finish stuff after school is over (final week of my contract is furloughed).

I'm bummed the Sharks went down with not too much fight but will now cheer for the Canucks to win it all.

I hope the treatments are less unpleasant than you are expecting and that they are done before you know it.

About your acid reflux, I know I've said it before but the Kyani does help with it. That said, we're not likely to order once our current supply runs out, its just too expensive.

I'll also send you healthy thoughts whenever I can!
Hey Erik,

No need to apologize...I know all about "life". It's just the way it is.

Did you watch the game tonight....Boston goes to the playoffs....we're all freaking here! But thank you, thank you, thank you for the extra cheers for our team here!

So far treatments have been pretty good but I'm expecting them to get a little crappier...so I've been told...but I tend to defy the "norm".

And the acid reflux...yeah I know....and Kyani is awesome but as you said it..."expensive" and I've got a $25,000.00 medical to pay off first...plus I'm on some pretty good vitamins right now....hopefully they'll get me through this crap.

Hope you're all doing well?!?!

Popular Posts