Life has a tendency to "sting" at times.

I've taken a step back from waiting hand and foot on my fil. He's clearly got dementia and sadly....I'm his "punching bag".... My bil finally showed up after a year for a visit...only to ask for a cheque...and leave empty handed... "yay"! But for some strange reason my fil seems to think that I've taken two cheques (first they were "blank") for $8,000 and $9,000....wtf? He won't let up on this issue and I'm quite frankly...exhausted trying to tell him....over and over and over...that I don't have any cheques....never took/got any.... I'm saddened with the thought that he thinks I may have taken from him underhandedly...there's no way in the world. Lately our conversations have consisted of blame, raised voices and cursing....all one sided....it makes me very sad to be treated this way....I really never expected it to come to this. Of course I have the fullest support from Tony but still....in the heat of the moment......

Comments

Fen said…
It doesn't help much but if he really is suffering from dementia then he can't help it, he's lost in his own brain.

Still, there's only so much punching and attacking one can take before punching back or walking away.

And either way, it sucks.

Popular Posts