Distracted

Just got back from a visit with my fil. He took a good fall yesterday and skinned up his knee, which wouldn't be so bad in itself except that he's on Aspirin....so he bleeds....alot. Continuing to be as independent as the caregivers at the home will let him....he cleaned himself up. Um yeah....a mat covered in blood, a blood soaked bandage, a white t-shirt (that's not so white anymore) that he used to "clean off" his wound, tissues strewn around the bathroom and a blood stained bed sheet....really, you'd think that he'd cut his leg off. Anyways...he's okay....just missed the uneven curb. He was thankful for more boiled eggs and mayo.

On another note....I've taken to using my Sundays as my "cooking days". This way....when I get home at 9, 6 and 6 on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday....I don't have to worry about cooking. Teddy and/or Gramps can just pop it in the oven, or warm the dish up or whatever. It's worked quite well for the last couple of weeks. On this weekends menu is....... my yummy corn chowder, Tony's favorite Thai rice, beef stroganoff (a slow cooker dish.....best day for this is Monday), cheese perogies (I found the yummiest recipe) and cabbage rolls (both the perogies and cabbage rolls will be frozen for future use). Can we say yum?!?

And now....going back to what I should be doing....working.

Comments

Popular Posts