"20"

I met with my radiologist today...  It seems as though I get through another chapter and then I look back at the time that has passed by...I can't believe it's already been over four months since the start of treatment...actually...7 months since this whole ordeal first started...shocking.  Well we're onto the next chapter....radiation.

In the next few days I will be "marked up", "measured up" and "tattooed up" for my next round of warfare.  Within three weeks I will begin an intense relationship with a radiation machine...which will be in love with my left breast and my left arm pit.  20 treatments...daily trips to the hospital Monday to Friday for 4 weeks until this chapter is closed....weekends off...yay me!  Always the possibility of future cancer (sarcoma) as a result of the intense radiation, bone breakage and a host of other ailments but...we'll head into this just like the last...without looking back.

Today I rewarded myself by adding a charm (or two) to my silver bracelet....an "angel of hope" and an "end of chemo" charm....frivilous (sp?) but a reminder of all this shit I'm going through....not that I will always want to be reminded...but then again....if I can be a positive in a negative situation for even one person during my life time....than I can rest easy.

Tomorrow there's a fund raiser being given and I'm still geared up for the Sun Run on Sunday....my bones ache the worst yet but....I'm not giving up....

That's not an option.






Comments

Fen said…
It is amazing how quickly things can change and drastically change your whole world.

I hope the "beamo" part of the treatment is less harmful to you than the chemo part was. I seem to recall my father doing both at the same time during his treatments.

And I think you definitely deserve some rewards for getting this far and for keeping up with the rest of your busy life while doing the treatments!

Popular Posts