I know far too many Dr's!

I spent 4 hours of today in the e.r., 6 hours with my father-in-law. Back in the e.r. exactly two weeks after I spent 3 hours there with my dad. I know the insides and outsides of 4 of our major hospitals, along with the doctors and staff and now...they're starting to know me.

*sigh*

My father-in-law, who's now a grumpy and impatient 87 years old...fell yesterday....again. He takes Aspirin and bleeds...sometimes a lot. Well he badly scraped up his knee and his elbow...of which should have gotten stitches but, as it was over 24 hours later.....wasn't going to happen. The knee however...hadn't stopped bleeding and it was time to get it checked....not to mention a bunch of blood soaked clothes needed to be washed. So there we sat...and sat...and sat...did I mention I hadn't had lunch?...or really much of a breakfast?...not important. Some cleansing, t.l.c. and a pressure bandage and we were good to go.

When we got back to the seniors home, he was adamant about not wanting to go down for dinner (it was 4:47 at this point) and yet....while I started cleaning up the mess (of blood)...he was gone. As I was departing...he was chowing down on dinner.

There's one thing we can be certain of...when my father-in-law stops eating....things will not be good. Until then....I wash blood soaked clothes, buy new runners and bring rye bread, headcheese and fresh banana bread....along with bandages.

Comments

Popular Posts