Are we being a little paranoid?

Or is it justified?

I'm talking about the H1N1 pandemic. I know wayyy too many people who are sick with the flu...wayyy too many. Just last week one of the guys' Tony works with had to take his wife into the hospital...she was later confirmed with the H1N1....and now he's not feeling well (the husband, not Tony). The gym is full of hand sanitizers bolted to the walls. Aleks' school has them all down the hallway. I've even given each of the kids a mini bottle for their back-packs. I don't touch the elevator buttons (with my hands) when I visit at the seniors home. And I rub my hands in sanitizer more often now when getting in my car. Even the kids who play soccer aren't allowed to touch hands at the end of a game, but rather "knock" elbows instead. British Columbia has had 12 deaths now, linked to the H1N1 and while in almost all cases the individuals had other underlying issues....one was was as healthy as a horse....a healthy horse. It might be a little over-blown, but...I for one am taking precautions...not going crazy....just being a little careful. I don't know about you, but I certainly don't want to take the chance and end up on a ventilator!

Comments

Fen said…
I figure I've probably been exposed to H1N1 a few times now given how many people I cross paths with on a weekly basis. But, with my immune system bolstered by my Kyani, I've yet to get even a little bit sick.

I presume you've still got a supply, I'd strongly recommend it. A strong immune system, combined with the precautions you are already taking is the best defense.

But yeah, I have heard some pretty horrifying stories about how bad the flu has hit some people.

Popular Posts