My new best friend

....here she is....


I was sensible...I went with an aluminum frame with some carbon....totally saved on the cost which  was a little more realistic for our budget...which also allowed me to purchase a tripdometer, Sugoi shorts, Shimano shoes, water bottle holders and a helmet..all for what I was going to pay for a bike alone!  I am totally in love with this baby and just need to come with a name for her....my husband chose "Hurka"...it's a type of sausage in Hungarian/Slovak...soooo yummy!!  Love the name...just not so sure it sits well with it being a name for a bike.

It was too funny because the guy in the bike shop says to me..."ok, zip up your vest, I'll get you a helmet and we'll take it for a test ride"...I'm like...."yeah....no....this is downtown and it's been 19 years since I've been on a "moving" bike!"...."oh you'll be fine!"  I'm happy report...a little shaky but I did not fall off and quickly got used to my new baby...now I'm itching just to get back on her!!!!

Erik....you'll be happy to know that I didn't spend nearly what I had originally set out to....and I"m really happy about that...so's the hubs!!! ;o)  And I'm still thrilled!!


Comments

Fen said…
Good for you! It can be so easy to get sucked into upgrade-itis! A little lighter, a little faster, a little stiffer. And, really, in the end, it won't make much of a difference. You'll still have to pedal!

Did I mention I'm going to sell my motorcycle to replace my mountain bike? Yep! Going to get a real good one!
Yay!....keep me up to date on what you decide on...I've learned sooo much!

Popular Posts